About Jo McCoy
My mission is to support clients that wish to remove their blocks to aligning to their truth. I offer services to do this including Workshops, Kundalini Yoga, sharing doTERRA oils and products, one-to-one Therapy work, Intuitive Art and Gong Healing.
Kundalini yoga has profoundly impacted my life. Having practiced yoga for my whole adult life, I feel it is a powerful form, enhancing life on all levels!
- KRI (Kundalini Research Institute) Level 1 (220 hrs) teacher and am working through the Level 2 modules (Conscious Communication 62 hrs, Life Cycles & Lifestyles – in progress).
- Member of the Kundalini Yoga Teachers Association (KYTA).
- In person classes at The Yoga Hub, East Linton and classes online.
- Private yoga sessions.
- Workshops in many forms mainly in East Lothian and Edinburgh.
Gongs. I am passionate about the healing benefits of the gongs. I have experienced so many positive impacts on so many clients in so many ways, unique to them.
- The sound waves are very powerful however the experience is often deeply relaxing.
- It takes you into a deeper meditation than you can go yourself.
- It is often described as providing a reset function for the mind.
- Letting go is a brave act – it allows the subconscious to let that that is not serving you go… and this can impact the mind as well as the body.
- Many clients have reported physical health improvements.
- Afterwards, the mind is clearer, the body is rested and there is often a serenity in clients that they appreciate.
- Taught by Master Kundalini-Gong teacher Methab Benton to play the gong to enhance the effectiveness Kundalini Yoga, in its use as a deep relaxation tool as part of yoga classes and for gong relaxation sessions or ‘gong baths’.
- Advanced training with Methab and additionally have been trained by him in Gong Healing and the use of Hand Held Gongs.
- I have several gongs now and at least one forms a part of yoga classes, particularly for relaxation but sometimes for breath work.
- Gong relaxation sessions or “Gong Baths” are beautifully deep and healing, a truly wonderful, transformational experience.
- I host regular Gong classes and workshops in East Lothian and Edinburgh.
- I host private group “Gong Bath” sessions – email firstname.lastname@example.org
- I host one-to-one Gong Healing sessions in the Blissness Studio, North Berwick.
- I often support others wellness events and retreats.
Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT). I have practiced EFT for many years and explored many ways of using it. It is a fast working therapy.
- I feel my niche is in operating a treasure hunt! I like to root out the real cause of issues (anxieties, fears, phobias, pain) and use EFT to support the client to remove their blocks.
- I use my yogic perspective to look at life from a broader viewpoint which is often helpful.
- I like to use EFT in a positive way too to tap in the truth that has been revealed, to really help the client imprint what they really want gong forward.
- I am an Accredited Certified EFT Practitioner through EFT International.
- I hold EFT one-to-one sessions on Zoom and in Blissness Studio, North Berwick.
doTERRA. I am a Wellness Consultant for the highest quality essential oils, doTERRA. I use these oils to enhance my own yogic practice, my personal rituals and for my family and home. They enhance all my classes and sessions.
- These oils are very powerful. They cannot be compared to regular essential oils.
- They are the most tested and pure products on the market. They have the most science backing up their production and use.
- They are my front line medicine cabinet. I am often surprised at what a difference they make to my life and how powerful they are.
- When you are an a yogic path many things drop away. These oils have become a clean, healthy luxury in my life, replacing many products and approaches.
- doTERRA’s mission is to support small scale farmers around the world.
- doTERRA is creating pockets of harmony on the planet – socially, environmentally and emotionally throughout the supply chain.
- More than 50% of their oils are produced in developing nations.
- 98% of doTERRA suppliers only supply doTERRA. They are in the best places on earth to grow each product.
- doTERRA is the biggest essential oil company in the world, all sold person to person. It is a joy to show these oils to you and let you experience them for your needs. This is a free, no obligation session.
Intuitive Art. This is something I have working on for many years and is a deep passion. My yogic practice is gradually helping me to deepen this work.
Background. I worked for 18 years in the technology sector, as Head of Information Technology for the Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS), Historic Scotland and Historic Environment Scotland (HES).
- Led many technology transformations.
- Responsible for the production of the Digital Strategy for HES .
- Over 15 years of Senior Management experience reporting to Chief Executives.
- Some of the techniques I now use in my current role I used previously in my career to help me to stay resilient.
- Since leaving the more corporate world I have really enjoyed researching what I feel are the best methods and practices to support resilience. The most effective options have become the services I now offer.
Home. I live with my adventurous husband Charlie, three inspiring children and Luca the dog in North Berwick, Scotland.
A Gong Healing Session in Blissness Studio.
To join the Blissness email list, click here.