Kundalini Yoga with Jo
Known as the ‘Yoga of Awareness‘, Kundalini Yoga helps you connect more fully to your own inner truth. This is a powerful, holistic yoga practice.
- We work through sets and deep meditation practices that boost and enhance our energy.
- We work the physical body, increasing our strength and flexibility.
- The practice supports clearing the mind through powerful meditations (often including mantra) and breath-work.
- The practice nurtures our soul through creating space to hear our intuition.
- You will need a yoga mat, blanket and water/tea. optionally a rug for comfortoptionally a cushion/bolster/meditation stool/chair to sit on for sitting work/meditation.for Zoom classes a Bluetooth speaker or wireless earphones will enhance the sound quality.
- The practice is suitable for all levels, including beginners. See the beginners handout to support understanding and includes the Tuning In and Tuning Out mantras that we use in class.
Kundalini Yoga Classes
- Tuesdays 7-8.30pm Zoom. £12 Drop-in.
- Thursdays 9.30-11am, In person at The Yoga Den with Gong Relaxation, The Mart, East Linton. £15 Drop-in.
- Fridays 9-10.30am Zoom. £12 Drop-in.
- Sunrise Saturdays Beach Yoga with Gong Relaxation 8-9.30am £15 Drop-in, by Glen Golf Club, North Berwick. Park on the street. Enter the beach across from the Glen Golf Club car park. Turn right, we will be there.Limited numbers and strict social distancing.
- See the beginners handout to support understanding and includes the Tuning In and Tuning Out mantras that we use in class.
- Arrive ten minutes early to settle in so we can start on time.
- Be prepared, expect it to be cold. Bring mat, rug/blanket to sit on, sleeping bag/blanket for relaxation, waterproofs (particularly for the wind), warm clothes, hat, scarf/buff, gloves, double up the socks! Tea/water.
- This class is weather dependant. Check here the morning of the event to check class is on.
- If the event is cancelled you can either attend the replacement Zoom class, a future beach class or can be refunded. Contact Jo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Next classes:
- Saturday 21st August: Currently ON
- Saturday 28th August: Currently ON
Book in for Sunrise Saturday Beach Yoga here.
N.B. For cheaper, flexible (use within 6 months) bulk purchase options or if you are in financial difficulty – see below.
Kundalini Yoga Workshops
On hold at present.
Bulk purchase options
6 classes – £70
11 classes – £120
Bulk purchase options can be used for all yoga classes (excluding workshops). Use within 6 months.
N.B. The Yoga Den classes, Beach Yoga and Zoom classes can be booked ahead with 24hrs cancellation notice.
Block booking classes are commitment based, so let Jo know by email when you will come and there is a 24hrs cancellation notice.
If you are in financial difficulty get in touch email@example.com. This should never be a reason not to do yoga.
Bulk purchase option via bank transfer: TSB, Sort Code: 30-13-01, Account Number: 00706587 to Jo Coley (my married name) with your name as reference.
Please email Jo at firstname.lastname@example.org when paid and which classes you would like to book. You will then receive booking confirmation and login details for Zoom classes.
Private Group Zoom Yoga Classes. If you have a group you would like Jo to provide an exclusive online yoga class for you please email email@example.com. This is a great way to bond and exercise together and Jo can leave you together in the digital space afterwards to have a post yoga cuppa together. £12 per person; minimum £55 per 1.5h session. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange.
One-to-One Yoga. Email email@example.com to arrange an in person or online yoga class tailored to your needs. £45 for 1 hour session.
Jo is building back her programme of Gong Relaxations in Edinburgh and East Lothian. There are one-to-one Gong Healing sessions and a host of one-off Gong Events, Private Bookings and supporting Other Practitioners’ Events. They are also used for relaxation in regular (non Zoom) Kundalini Yoga classes.
Private Gong Healing Session
For the ultimate time out, book a one-to-one Gong Healing session with Jo. After an initial discussion about your requirements you will experience the power of the gongs close to the body focussing on bringing the sound up the spine and and areas of concern. Followed by a deep sound relaxation with the larger gongs. Gong Healing Session One2One or One2Two £55.
Public Gong Classes
Fletcher’s Cottage Spa Gong Meditation Relaxation and Yogic Gong Relaxation. Just arrive, you will be given a fresh juice, water available, a relaxing space ready lined with towels and cosy blanket to allow you to sink into to the sounds of the gong.
- Tuesday 10th August, Fletchers Cottage Spa, Gong Meditation Relaxation, Archerfield 9.30-10.45am. £20.
- Wednesday 11th August, Fringe By The Sea, North Berwick Lodge Grounds Big Top, Gong Yoga Nidra Relaxation. £22.
- Tuesday 24th August, Fletchers Cottage Spa, Gong Meditation Relaxation, Archerfield 9.30-10.45am. £20.
- Friday 27th August, Fletchers Cottage Spa, Yogic Gong Relaxation, Archerfield 5.30-7pm. £25.
N.B. See yoga classes above for yoga with gong relaxation.
N.B. More Gong classes will be coming soon…
The Gongs are agents of Transformation. The experience clears your mind so that you enter a deeper meditation state than you can usually go yourself. For some people they may experience meditation briefly for the first time. For others, used to meditation, they can go much deeper. What happens is that people seem to get what they need.
The gong has been used for healing throughout time. Having a sound bath deeply rests the body. The combination of the mind stopping thinking so much and the body resting can bring about healing on many levels. Jo regularly has emotional and physical pain relief stories from clients.
Most clients find the experience deeply relaxing and many report a great night’s sleep. It can be a challenging experience for some though – as the subconscious lets go of its fears. The integration from this experience can go on after the event – usually clearing by the next day. Clients normally feel better from the experience and lighter, clearer, more peaceful.
Jo often has clients coming back to ‘clear out their heads’ again. Some people describe it like a ‘reset button’. Others come to ‘see how deep they can go’ and see it as a practice of regular, deep self care; a wonderful experience to look forward to.
Jo also offers one-to-one Gong Healing sessions. Working closely with the breath, hand held gongs work around the body and larger gongs allow the client to go deep. This is a wonderful, deeply healing experience.
“After going through a turbulent time following 4 bereavements in 4 months I knew I needed some priority time for self care & support for myself to get through & recover. I booked a one to one yoga session immediately followed by a one to one sound healing. I felt all the tension & strain finally start to drain away & felt the most relaxed in weeks. I continue with the regular kundalini yoga practice & will ensure to add in a sound healing too for support, pamper, thrive & revive from modern daily life!” Aileen
“The most still I’ve been” Euan (re: Gong Yoga Nidra)
“I’d never done a Gong bath before… but so glad I have now. Without question one of the most intense and enjoyable things I have tried in years. I was worried I wouldn’t be able to hold my relaxed state or even meditate for long but I drifted away and in what felt like minutes later it was all coming to an end. The power of the gong is awesome and I would urge anyone to try it, invigorating, life affirming and not the least bit hippy.” Iain
“Yesterday’s session was really good, by the way – my mood was completely transformed and i went away feeling whole again!
The gong is so much more than sound, it is a whole body experience of resonance, the like of which i have never felt before. The power the all consuming waves clears the mind and heart. it washes you clean of the everyday stress and gives you a vivid and visceral connection with the universe for just those few moments. And that’s coming from a devout skeptic!
I love my Friday yoga and it has completely changes my weekends with the family. I now have the energy and a new joy of life to enable me to get out and do not stay in and slob! After a session I just know life is good and that I DO have the strength to make it so for me and my family – all thanks to Jo and her work!
It’s not just the yoga, it is the trust we have in Jo as a person and a practitioner that enables us to let go and to allow the Kundalini to flow.” Ruth Colston
“Jo brings a different perspective to yoga through her kundalini approach. I left the taster session feeling subtle in body and peaceful in mind. As enjoyable as a good massage.” Diana Murray
“I had the good fortune of attending one of Jo McCoy’s kundalini yoga classes in North Berwick in September. If I lived closer I would most definitely attend regularly. The class encompassed everything I needed to gain a wonderful nights sleep. I highly recommend this class!!” Jill Willison
“I have been taking taster classes with Jo for a few weeks now and I have never felt so energised, well and happy. Those who know me recognize that I’m on the skeptic side of the fence, but her relaxed and supportive teaching has shown me a stile over my barriers to to self love and learning. Thanks Jo xxx” Ruth Colston
“Jo is a gong warrior princess bringing truth to the people through the power of the Naad.” Carole Monnier Clark
“The health benefits since starting Kundalini yoga with Jo have been amazing.
Jo creates a calm, safe and welcoming space to practise in which encourages me to return and improve week on week.
Kundalini yoga was a new form of yoga for me and the teaching and guidance from Jo has not only promoted healing but also increased my personal confidence and motivation.
Most notably I have found big improvements in relaxation, control and coordination and improved flexibility which have all helped so much with managing pain I have from significant back and joint issues.
Thank you Jo.” Catherine Cooke
“Having attended yoga classes for a couple of years, Jo’s teaching of Kundalini yoga came to me as a new and uplifting experience. Jo explains and demonstrates so well that no-one need feel apprehension about joining in. Relaxing to the sound of the gong is an experience not to be missed!” Diana Murray
“Jo is an incredible kundalini yoga teacher filled with grace and ease. Her vivacious energy fills the teaching space and is infectious!! Jo explains each pose, breathing exercise and meditation clearly and easily answers every question. I personally like Jo’s explanations of the benefits – physiological, emotional and mental – of the positions and breathing sections of each class.
Jo’s excitement and enthusiasm for her gong is unrivalled! I am looking forward to the inclusion of the gong in future sessions – but the question is – is the world ready for Jo’s gong???” Suzi Burns
“Jo’s Gong Bath at The Barefoot Sanctuary was so beautiful – the pre preparation with the yoga Nidra really helped to lay the intention and the whole experience was incredibly powerful- the room was bursting with the positive vibrations -finished off with a grounding cup of herbal tea.” Bernadette Petrie